HOLLAND HARMONY is the organization for female and male barbershop singers in The Netherlands, founded in 1981. Members of this organization are ladies choruses and quartets, as well as mixed quartets. In 2014, Holland Harmony counts 19 choruses and 29 quartets, of which 6 are mixed quartets. Holland Harmony organizes a barbershop singing convention every other year, in the uneven years.
HOLLAND HARMONY aims to improve, preserve and promote the art of barbershops singing and in order to do this we:
- Coordinate barbershop singing in The Netherlands
- Educate through Harmony Colleges, Directors Colleges, coach choruses and directors, offer vocal technique days, organize conventions,
- Facilitate contacts between our own singers and barbershop singers all over the world
- Develop cooperation with other organizations, both within The Netherlands as well as internationally
- Holland Harmony is an active member of the European Harmony Alliance and our educational activities are for the most part also open to other members of the EHA. We actively promote the educational activities that are organized, both inside and outside The Netherlands. We often invite highly qualified coaches from Sweden and the US to come and coach and teach.
Very recently Holland Harmony has decided to open up the organization to male singers as well. Male barbershop choruses and quartets are welcome to become a member from January 1, 2015 and from then on Holland Harmony will be a mixed organization.